Policies And Procedures For Rip N Sew
1. Recreation Center Cardholder may attend as a guest five times before being required to join. A non Recreation Center Cardholder may also attend five times but will not be eligible to join the club.
2. Guests of members of the Club may attend meetings and programs. However, guests are not authorized to utilize Rip N Sew equipment in any way per Rec Center rules.
3. The annual dues are payable beginning October 1 of the previous year and are delinquent on January 31 of the following year. If dues are not paid by that date, membership will lapse and the individual is not eligible to re-join until the following year.
4. The Club Board shall give general supervision of the affairs of the club between its monthly business meetings: fix the hour and location of general membership and club Board meetings, make recommendations to the Club membership and authorize new expenditures not to exceed a total of $499 of Club funds by other than a vote of the general membership.
5. The Club Board shall be elected by a majority vote of those present at the club’s annual membership election meeting after a quorum is established. The elected officers shall serve without compensation. An officer normally may not serve as an independent contractor.
(RR&Ps, Chapter 4, Article VI. L}
6. The Club’s annual meeting will be held in November with a quorum established. A quorum is defined as “the minimum attendance at a Club membership meeting necessary to conduct elections, to approve bylaws or to approve budgets. A quorum shall be ten (10) percent of the Club’s membership with a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 100.”
7. The Club Board shall appoint a nominating committee of at least three (3) members prior to the November election. Additional nominations from the floor shall be permitted and accepted with the approval of the person nominated.
8. Renewal of membership will require that the current member shall have monitored a minimum of four times in the previous year. Those who fail to monitor four times during the calendar year may not renew or join as a new member for a minimum of one calendar year. The Club Board will have the power to provide an exemption for this rule for personal health problems. A letter must be sent to the Club Board requesting exemption for the Club Board to review. This policy shall be effective with renewals for the 2018 calendar year.
9. The Club treasurer will not write checks to members until all the money is received from the Village Store. This includes both craft fairs.